mardi 17 mai 2016

Petit Nuage Noir & Puma Rouge / Little Dark Cloud & Red Puma - #2 - 2


The funny thing about this second book is that initially it didn't exist.
But I felt there was something missing, the two characters became friends too easily.
So I thought I could try to develop their relationship, the way they relate to each other, kind of a love/hate relationship... By testing their friendship... excuse me, their partnership.

So I created the story, continuing where I left with previous book and noted a few way to put them in some situations where they could choose, where they could act on the life and death of the other one.
But in the end, there is something I don't like in the pages I already completed (there should be five of them, but on three of them I missed some lights and shadows...). Some things that didn't turn out like I wanted them, some things that look bad, messed up almost...

To tell you the truth I don't like drawing that much, and doing these albums take so much time, I like the creative process, I quite like penciling, but inking and coloring... Those things bore me, annoy me, irritate me, that's why some of the coloring is done by others. And on some pages when I look back now, there are some things I should have corrected, I should have improved...
Spent some more time on it... But I want things to go as fast as possible... So maybe I rushed a bit too much... I notice I don't like frames where my characters don't appear, so, on some pages are they are quite unapparent, it became noticeable that it is not as well achieved as some. So far some of the pages look like laking some of the spirit of the first book...
But I don't know exactly what and how to get that spirit back. Although I have to tell you that I quite rushed some of the pages in the first volume too... But still, something doesn't look the same.

Maybe because the story was created very quickly, maybe because it has no link with the ideas that were haunting me for a while and couln't get out because narratively the serie needed this book and thus the ideas where quite fresh I was not so much attached to them... Or maybe I didn't have the same clear vision of how it should be in my head; as I think it is very important to visualize what you want to create in order to get a good result... But maybe it'sjust me...

Anyway, as the completion of this book progresses and the next one(s) are already planned, we'll see if this phenomenon happens with them too... As the storyline and some of the ideas date back from around the same time I created the first book. In fact some of the ideas where for the first book, but as I wanted some narrative progression I ended up with too much material. Some of it will not be included in the third book (which was planned as the second, do you follow) for the same reason.

I hope this summer I will have to opportunity to show you some avancements of volume 3...
In the mean time I hope I will be able to completed this volume the best way I can!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire