samedi 28 mars 2015

Living with Indians 05

Chapter 5

So February came, still looking for options, and then I found what could be a way to finally print my book(s) for a reasonable price. Even if I was stil stuck with a soft cover and a book size that was not what I wanted... With this new prospect, I wanted to get over with the book as fast as possible. Problem was I had a daytime job and felt tired, and my friends helping coloring flats have also their own life too.
So nothing was moving fast...

I started to look for a way to hurry up things... Apparently some people have more patience than me and for a fair price are willing to do flats... Having my mind set for a 2015 release, I started to look for a flatter to help me. So far everything seemed to go for once according to my plans... Even if there were still shadows on the path... How would I promote my book worldwide as I live in Belgium and don't benefit from the network of a publishing house...

I wanted to do more, to help my project... But you know, I am a bit lazy... And I had also other project/ ideas waiting for their turn... So I tried to find out more about self promotion... I started reading bit by bit... Anyway it was a way of keeping things moving on since during the evenings and the week-ends I wasn't feeling like drawing. But of what I read you need to get an audience, to show yourself, to earn a presence, showing your art and posting news stuff relentlessly...
Which is a problem for me, working slowly, needing to be "in a working mindset", being lazy and feeling numb and dumb after work... All that and you add the fact that it takes time to post here, there... And anyway, what to publish? I started to feel more and more the pressure to do more, to create more, to draw more, more, MORE! But how, when? I had ideas, but not the mood, not the time... Something needed to be changed, things needed to move on...

But how to be going forward with a dayjob and its consequences? Add to that the fact on not knowing how the book would be released, which distributor, which size, which quality of paper?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire